We take a clear and straightforward approach to fees, providing a choice of services to best meet your needs, with the emphasis always on providing the greatest value for money.
What does Financial Life Planning include?
What we do for each client varies according to your personal need and set of circumstances. However, as part of our Financial Life Planning Service you will receive:
Annual planning meetings
- In person, ideally at our office, however other options are available if required
- Keeping your finances on a firm course to meet your future
- Updating your circumstances
- Reviewing your Risk Tolerance analysis
- Discussing, setting out and reviewing your current situation
- Reviewing the goals from the previous 12 months, clarify if you are ON or OFF track to achieve the planned financial objectives
- Agreeing your new needs and objectives
- Confirming your new needs and objectives
- Cash flow modelling in line with your reviewed and updated needs and objectives
- Exploring various “what-ifs” around your financial life planning.
Investment portfolio strategy
- A low cost, we believe we can’t control the costs by we can absolutely control the costs, retaining more for our clients
- Building an investment risk profile, based on a Risk Tolerance analysis
- Factoring in individual financial timescales and objectives
- Designing a suitable asset allocation strategy with the level of risk and personal involvement to suit you
- Portfolio design and construction to suit the agreed strategy
- Portfolio monitoring and rebalancing, assessment, performance and annual valuation reporting.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested
- Pension review and consolidation
- Advice and action to build the right pension
- Advice and action on retirement provisions and options.
Estate and tax planning
- Inheritance Tax planning and estate evaluation
- Advice and guidance for Trusts and Wills
- Consideration of long-term care planning
- Consideration of estate values and what provisions can be made within current legislative constraints.
Estate, tax planning, trusts and wills are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Discussing and addressing any issues affecting your family
- Professional support service
- Providing strategic and professional updates to your accountant and any other relevant professional advisers
- Supplying end of year tax information
- Introducing professional practices if needed
- Co-ordinating your full financial and advisory team Priority Communication Commitment
Priority Communication Commitment
- Unlimited phone and email access to your Financial Planner
- Explaining, administering and addressing all financial correspondence
- Keeping and managing all portfolio administration
- Financial Planner available to address all questions and portfolio/market concerns
- Monthly eNewsletter issued
Our charging structure
Our fees for each stage of the AKFP financial planning journey are explained below. If you have any questions about the fees you will incur, we encourage you to get in touch. We’d be happy to provide further explanation.
We charge a fixed fee of between £1,500 and £2,500 for the initial stage of our work with you, dependent on the level of complexity involved in your case. We will, of course, agree the fee ahead of carrying out any work for you.
We charge 1% of funds invested.
Our ongoing services are optional. If you agree to purchase an ongoing service, unless otherwise agreed, the service will be provided as a follow up to the initial service.
We charge an annual fixed fee for our ongoing service, which we will discuss with you once we fully understand your requirements. In addition, we charge 0.25% of your funds under management.
Are our fees good value for money?
Our clients certainly think so! And we certainly want you to feel that way. In fact, if you don’t feel the plan we’ve designed for you will provide you with what you want, we don’t ask you to pay for it – it’s your choice.
While we regularly review our fees to ensure they remain both competitive and good value for money, we also know that different people measure value in different ways. That’s why we are delighted that when we asked our clients what the single biggest benefit was that they got from working with us, they told us the following:
Financial security for my future.
A personal planner that created my financial plan and who advises from a position of knowledge and understanding.
Peace of mind.
Being required to regularly think about what our life goals are and having a central plan to achieve these which is independently challenged/discussed regularly.
A bit of craic at the annual meeting! Good coffee too! Seriously, peace of mind regarding our financial situation and knowing that if we have a question or query, we can get advice, at the end of the phone, from someone we can trust.
No hassle financial investment.
Advice and recommendations for pensions, investments and meeting life goals.
Easy relationship, no jargon, good listener.
Comfort on my financial business from totally trustworthy individuals who have my (not their) interests at heart.
How can we help?
We’re very happy to answer your questions. Complete the form below and one of our team will respond with an answer.